The Hornady Critical Defense line of personal defense ammunition is loaded with the patented FTX bullet, which offer expansion even through heavy clothing. Critical DEFENSE handgun ammunition was developed to provide the best performance for DEFENSIVE or PERSONAL PROTECTION SITUATIONS and is the ultimate choice for any short barreled, concealed carry style firearm.
The Patented FTX Bullet – The FTX bullets loaded in all Hornady Critical Defense handgun ammunition are designed to expand and provide the terminal performance needed for close encounters often associated with personal protection situations. Additionally, Critical DEFENSE is not intended for use in extreme (law enforcement) situations that require superior barrier performance. However, the FTX bullet will expand reliably and will not clog like standard hollow point bullets when fired through heavy clothing. In addition, Critical DEFENSE ammunition IS optimized for short barreled, concealed carry style handguns and will not deliver excessive recoil and associated “muzzle flip.”
- Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
- Patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
- Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
- Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
- Feeds reliably in all pistols.
- Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback.
- Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.
- The most effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense ammunition available today.
- Caliber: 40 S&W
- Bullet Type: Flex Tip Expanding
- Bullet Weight: 165 GR
- Muzzle Energy: 506 ft lbs
- Muzzle Velocity: 1175 fps
- Quantity: 20 rounds per box
There are no reviews yet.